Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Trunk-or-Treat

Tonight was Trunk-or-Treat at the church. Jordan didn't like his costume too much!


Costume Contest... obviously rigged, because have you ever seen a cuter monkey?! I thought not!


Jordan went to three cars, and then started crying. Too much pressure.


He got 8 pieces of candy... Grandma gave him 5. What a haul!


Although, I must say, the highlight of the evening was the chili contest. John told me Sunday he volunteered to make chili, and since I'm the only one home I said I'd make it. When it came time to start cooking, I realized I had next to no ingredients for chili, and no time to get any, so I created my own concoction. It smelled good, but I was sure it wasn't going to be anything to remember. Needless to say, I won the chili contest! HA! Plus, I didn't have to steal the recipe, or use sympathy votes to ensure my win! :-) 

4 comments:

Mary ann said...

Way to go on the chili!!!! You must be taking after grandma. LOVE THE LITTLE MONKEY!!!!! Don't eat too much candy Jordan.

Mary ann said...

i miss you guys so much. jordan's monkey costume is so cute. also congrats on the chili. that is a funny story. i hope to see you guys soon.
love, savannah

Jake and Ashley said...

Thank you, thank you! At least right now Jordan is more interested in his basket then actually eating the candy, but I think he'll change his opinion once he actually gets one open! We miss you too!

skirt said...

chili contest! You go girl. Nice job. I don't think I have ever won a cooking contest...shocking! That must come from grandma!